Sunday, May 27, 2012

Ten Words

To my Future Hubby,

Um, hi.  It's me.  And it feels REALLY weird writing like this, because I don't know who you are, if I've met you yet, or if you even exist.  Of course, I really hope you do exist... and one day, that "someday" when we realize we are meant to spend every day together, we're going to pursue Jesus together.

So this thought process was prompted by the fact that today, I watched the loveliest video:

...and I was so inspired.  You know, I want this to be us, someday.  I want you to be an "Andy", and I want to be your "Sonia."  Let's have adorable things to say to and about each other; let's be hysterically entertaining in our impressions of each other; let's doodle "couple pictures" (and I hope you are a better artist than I am).  

But the thing I want most to be true, the thing I hope best defines our relationship, is what Sonia said at the 5:48 mark:  
"Your love helps me to understand God's love for me."
Wow.  I don't think I could come up with something that succinct and that powerful.  She's a Proverbs 31 kind of woman, the kind of woman I aspire to be. 

And he is a 1 Timothy 3 kind of man.  Even though right now I don't know who/where you are, I know that by the time we end up as til-death-do-us-part "us," that'll be you, too.

Can't wait to see how God writes our story.

-Alyce

1 comment: