Sunday, July 29, 2012

Road Trip

To the Brothers and Sisters with whom I spent the last few days,

How privileged I am to have you in my life!  I am truly overwhelmed by how you love with God's love, and I am so very encouraged by your gracious spirits and genuine sense of community.  What started as a "personal road trip" became an awesome series of encounters with God, and I am so grateful that you allowed yourselves to be used by Jesus.
What made us friends long ago
When we first met?
Well I think I know,
The best in me and the best in you
Hailed each other because they knew
That always and always since life began
Our being friends was part of God's plan.

– George Webster Douglas
I have learned so much from all of you:  through you, God has convicted, challenged, humbled, and encouraged me in ways that I cannot adequately express.  Thank you for so graciously making time for me, for loving me... for being the Body of Christ and ministering to me in ways I didn't even know I needed.  You have given me a fuller perspective on worship and a deeper understanding of the love of God, and I can't thank you enough.

It was so incredibly difficult to leave this morning--it hurt, like was like I was leaving a piece of my heart behind.  But at the same time, I was rejoicing and thankful for God's goodness.  By the afternoon when I was telling my pastor about my time with you all, it was too much to handle... I don't usually cry a lot, but I think today's "cry count" is at 4 (though I should say that the crying was mostly happy tears).  Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you all knew that I carry you in my heart, and I am remembering you with joy before our Savior.
You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” – Frederick Buechner 
I don't know when I'll see you all again, but please know that I love you all dearly and I look forward to next time.  I was so blessed to share life with you and hear what God has been doing in and through you, and I can barely wait until the next time we get to share how He is growing us.
“The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elizabeth Foley
God's richest blessings to you,

-Alyce

No comments:

Post a Comment